Stay at Hyatt Place between June 14 and 16 and save big!
Starlight riders, families and friends are invited to make June 14-16, 2019 a special weekend with a stay at the Hyatt Place Garden of the Gods. Stay one night, or the whole weekend! Use this Booking Link to unlock the special rate of $149 per night. All the rooms have 2 double beds or a king bed, and a separate area with sofa sleeper. Rate includes fresh deluxe breakfast for your whole party, free Wi-Fi and parking.
Remember, June 16th is Fathers Day–treat Dad to a fun family weekend!
2017 Starlight video.
What requirements are there to ride?
All riders must wear a helmet, and have front and rear lights on their bikes.
When and where is packet pickup?
Packet pickup will occur May 26th – June 9th at various locations. No registration required, stop by which ever day/location works best for you.
May 26th – 10:00 am -3:00 pm @ REI 1376 E Woodmen Rd
June 1st – 10:00 am – 3:00 pm @ Ted’s Bicycles Inc 3016 N Hancock Ave
June 2nd 10:00 am – 3:00 pm @ Criterium Bicycles 6150 Corporate Dr
June 8th 10:00 am -3:00 pm @ Old Town Bike Shop 426 S Tejon St
June 9th 10:00 am -3:00 pm @ Bicycle Village 2450 Montebello Square Dr
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You do not need to bring a printed ticket to the event. Your name will be on a list at the event for you to pick up your packet. If you have already picked up your packet before the event, you will have a wrist band that we ask you to put on to identify you as a paid rider, which will also be your entry into the pancake breakfast after the event.
What is included in my registration?
Besides supporting the Trails and Open Space Coalition and their mission of preserving open space and parks, and creating a network of bikeways and greenways in our area, your entry includes: the festival before the ride, with food, music, and prizes; your limited-edition Starlight 2019 tee shirt (EARLYBIRD REGISTRATION ONLY), swag bag with special offers from our partners, snacks at two rest stops on the route, and a midnight breakfast after the ride.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Parking for the event is in the Rock Ledge Ranch lot. You will be directed to turn west on Gateway Road, then left into the parking lot. Watch for parking attendants to give you directions on where to park. If you bike to the event, bike parking is available in the Garden of the Gods Visitor Center parking lot.
What can/can’t I bring to the event?
Alcohol is not permitted in the Garden of the Gods Visitor Center or the Rock Ledge Ranch parking lot.
What is the route?
The ride is entirely on City streets. Streets are not closed during the event, but there are volunteers throughout with directional signs, and police support at major street crossings for your safety. Please obey the rules of the road and be aware of other vehicles on the streets.
Am I allowed to bring my dog?
Well-behaved dogs are welcome to ride in trailers or baskets. We do not allow dogs to run beside bikes, both for the safety of the dogs and of the other riders.
What is your refund policy?
This is a charity event. TOSC is not able to process refunds for any reason.
Watch the promo for the 2015 ride--see what it's about!
- YOU MUST HAVE FRONT AND REAR LIGHTS AND A HELMET TO RIDE.
- PARKING: Car parking for the event is in the Rock Ledge Ranch parking lot. From 30th Street, you will be directed to turn west on Gateway Road and follow the signs and volunteers’ directions to get to parking. Plan on a 10-15 minute walk/bike to the Visitor Center from the parking lot.
- BE SURE TO ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 10 pm, as 30th Street will be closed at 10 pm for the safety of the riders.
- PACKET PICKUP for late registration and Earlybirds who have not picked up packets starts at 9 pm upstairs in the Garden of the Gods Visitor Center.
- YOUR SHIRTS AND PACKETS WILL BE HELD UNTIL 10 pm, then we will release them to new registrants. We may run out of shirts at the end, so be sure to come in between 9 and 10 for your best chance to get one. We cannot guarantee shirts or sizes for other than Earlybird registrants.
- CONTESTS: We will award prizes for the best illuminated bike and best costumes.
- SWAG AND FOOD: Look for our sponsor tents for giveaways and decorating bling. There will be coffee, soft drinks and pizza before the ride.
- NEED BIKE GEAR OR A QUICK FIX?: If you forget lights or a helmet, they are available for purchase from our sponsor bike shops. There will also be bike repair stands.
- RIDE START: The ride starts at 10:30 pm. There is a starting place for the long ride and another for the shorter ride. Volunteers will direct you.
- MORE QUESTIONS? Read our FAQs, or call us, 719-633-6884.
A Big Thank You to All Our Sponsors!
Heuberger Motors, Peak Radar, SRAM, Penrose-St. Francis Health Services Centura Health, Hyatt Place, NES, Ent, Bicycle Village, Visit Colorado Springs, Old Town Bike Shop, Ted’s Bicycles, Renewal by Andersen, Garden of the Gods Visitor and Nature Center, Colorado Springs Cycling Club, Colorado Peak Real Estate, Criterium, American Medical Response, Rocky Mountain Vibes Baseball Club, Pikes Peak Derby Dames Bristol Brewing Company, REI, Midwest Barricade, Sunstate Equipment, Kangaroo Coffee, Colorado Springs Utilities, City of Colorado Springs, Rock Ledge Ranch, Pikes Peak Council BSA, UpRise Yoga, Griffin World Wide Travels, KRXP and Girl Scouts of Colorado.