25th Annual Starlight Spectacular
Saturday, June 15th, 2019
Come revel with us and celebrate “25 years of wild style” June 15th at the Starlight Spectacular night time bike ride in Colorado Springs, beginning and ending at the world-famous Garden of the Gods Park. Join 1,000 other riders flying through the starlit streets for 16, 21 or 23 miles—now with a 4-mile early kid friendly ride through the park!
Put on your favorite costume and light up your bike, it is going to be a spectacular night! Sign up TODAY and SAVE.
To celebrate the 25th anniversary we are:
- Adding an amazing new “Garden Ride and Rest Stop at Hamp Hut.” The perfect ride for families and individuals looking for a shorter journey in Garden of the Gods Park.
- DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND–Upgrading the ride shirt to a commemorative tech tee, sure to be a collector’s item.
- Increasing the festivities at all of our existing rest stops, with more food options and amusing activities than ever before!
On a summer night in 1994, a small group of crazy cyclists decided it would be awesome to get up in the middle of the night, ride bikes by starlight and watch the sunrise together.
That late night ride led to the birth of an annual tradition, the Starlight Spectacular; which is now one of the nation’s oldest and largest community bike rides.
REGISTRATION OPENS FEBRUARY 15, 2019!
2017 Starlight video.
What requirements are there to ride?
All riders must wear a helmet, and have front and rear lights on their bikes.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You do not need to bring a printed ticket to the event. Your name will be on a list at the event for you to pick up your packet. If you have already picked up your packet before the event, you will have a wrist band that we ask you to put on to identify you as a paid rider, which will also be your entry into the pancake breakfast after the event.
What is included in my registration?
Besides supporting the Trails and Open Space Coalition and their mission of preserving open space and parks, and creating a network of bikeways and greenways in our area, your entry includes: the festival before the ride, with free pizza, music, and prizes; your limited-edition Starlight 2019 tee shirt, swag bag with special offers from our partners, snacks at two rest stops on the route, and a midnight breakfast after the ride.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Parking for the event is in the Rock Ledge Ranch lot. You will be directed to turn west on Gateway Road, then left into the parking lot. Watch for parking attendants to give you directions on where to park. If you bike to the event, bike parking is available in the Garden of the Gods Visitor Center parking lot.
What can/can’t I bring to the event?
Alcohol is not permitted in the Garden of the Gods Visitor Center or the Rock Ledge Ranch parking lot.
What is the route?
The ride is entirely on City streets. Streets are not closed during the event, but there are volunteers throughout with directional signs, and police support at major street crossings for your safety. Please obey the rules of the road and be aware of other vehicles on the streets.
Am I allowed to bring my dog?
Well-behaved dogs are welcome to ride in trailers or baskets. We do not allow dogs to run beside bikes, both for the safety of the dogs and of the other riders.
What is your refund policy?
This is a charity event. TOSC is not able to process refunds for any reason.
Watch the promo for the 2015 ride--see what it's about!
- YOU MUST HAVE FRONT AND REAR LIGHTS AND A HELMET TO RIDE.
- PARKING: Car parking for the event is in the Rock Ledge Ranch parking lot. From 30th Street, you will be directed to turn west on Gateway Road and follow the signs and volunteers’ directions to get to parking. Plan on a 10-15 minute walk/bike to the Visitor Center from the parking lot.
- BE SURE TO ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 10 pm, as 30th Street will be closed at 10 pm for the safety of the riders.
- PACKET PICKUP for late registration and Earlybirds who have not picked up packets starts at 9 pm upstairs in the Garden of the Gods Visitor Center.
- YOUR SHIRTS AND PACKETS WILL BE HELD UNTIL 10 pm, then we will release them to new registrants. We may run out of shirts at the end, so be sure to come in between 9 and 10 for your best chance to get one. We cannot guarantee shirts or sizes for other than Earlybird registrants.
- CONTESTS: Contests will start at 10:00 pm outside, just north of the information booth and the projection screen. We will award prizes for the best illuminated bike. Our costume contests will start May 10, and be announced at the Roll Bike Art Festival June 9th at the Buffalo Lodge.
- SWAG AND FOOD: Look for our sponsor tents for giveaways and decorating bling. There will be coffee, soft drinks and pizza before the ride.
- NEED BIKE GEAR OR A QUICK FIX?: If you forget lights or a helmet, they are available for purchase from our sponsor bike shops. There will also be bike repair stands.
- RIDE START: The ride starts at 10:30 pm. There is a starting place for the long ride and another for the shorter ride. Volunteers will direct you.
- MORE QUESTIONS? Read our FAQs, or call us, 719-633-6884.