23rd Annual Starlight Spectacular
Saturday, June 17th, 2017
Online registration closes Friday, June 16.
Walk-in registration and packet pickup night of the event 9 – 10 pm inside the Garden of the Gods Visitor and Nature Center. Walk-in prices are adult $55, child $35, family (up to four related persons living in the same household) $110.
ONLY EARLYBIRD REGISTRANTS ARE GUARANTEED A TEE SHIRT. RIDERS WHO REGISTER AFTER JUNE 4 WILL BE GIVEN TEE SHIRTS ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS THE NIGHT OF THE RIDE, STARTING AT 9 PM.
Download the route map at this link: Starlight big map 2017
Join the Trails and Open Space Coalition for the 23rd Annual Starlight Spectacular on June 17th, 2017. This fun night-time bicycle ride is suitable for most ages and abilities. We’ve had kids as young as 8 and adults in their 80s ride with us!
This year’s theme is SUPERHEROES, so dress as your favorite from the Universe of your choosing.
Choose your route, from 14 to 22 miles, starting and ending at Garden of the Gods Visitor and Nature Center, through the City of Colorado Springs, Old Colorado City and the Garden of the Gods. We ride on streets, with lots of lighted directional signs and volunteers pointing the way. Two rest stops with music and refreshments enliven the route.
Before the ride, enjoy music, food and drink, costumes and contests! Prizes for best illuminated bike and largest team. Buy vintage Starlight shirts from prior years and other once-a-year goodies at our retail booth. Hot breakfast and more fun after the ride!
All riders must wear helmets, with front lights and rear lights on their bikes. No exceptions!
Proceeds benefit the Trails and Open Space Coalition – dedicated to preserving open space and parks and creating a network of trails, bikeways and greenways for the Pikes Peak region.
What requirements are there to ride?
All riders must wear a helmet, and have front and rear lights on their bikes.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You do not need to bring a printed ticket to the event. Your name will be on a list at the event for you to pick up your packet. If you have already picked up your packet before the event, you will have a wrist band that we ask you to put on to identify you as a paid rider, which will also be your entry into the pancake breakfast after the event.
What is included in my registration?
Besides supporting the Trails and Open Space Coalition and their mission of preserving open space and parks, and creating a network of bikeways and greenways in our area, your entry includes: the festival before the ride, with free pizza, music, and prizes; your limited-edition Starlight 2016 tee shirt, swag bag with special offers from our partners, snacks at two rest stops on the route, and a midnight breakfast after the ride.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Parking for the event is in the Rock Ledge Ranch lot. You will be directed to turn west on Gateway Road, then left into the parking lot. Watch for parking attendants to give you directions on where to park. If you bike to the event, bike parking is available in the Garden of the Gods Visitor Center parking lot.
What can/can’t I bring to the event?
Alcohol is not permitted in the Garden of the Gods Visitor Center or the Rock Ledge Ranch parking lot.
What is the route?
The ride is entirely on City streets. Streets are not closed during the event, but there are volunteers throughout with directional signs, and police support at major street crossings for your safety. Please obey the rules of the road and be aware of other vehicles on the streets. For a route map, see our Starlight Spectacular page.
Am I allowed to bring my dog?
Well-behaved dogs are welcome to ride in trailers or baskets. We do not allow dogs to run beside bikes, both for the safety of the dogs and of the other riders.
What is your refund policy?
This is a charity event. TOSC is not able to process refunds for any reason.
Watch the promo for the 2015 ride--see what it's about!
- YOU MUST HAVE FRONT AND REAR LIGHTS AND A HELMET TO RIDE.
- PARKING: Car parking for the event is in the Rock Ledge Ranch parking lot. From 30th Street, you will be directed to turn west on Gateway Road and follow the signs and volunteers’ directions to get to parking. Plan on a 10-15 minute walk/bike to the Visitor Center from the parking lot.
- BE SURE TO ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 10 pm, as 30th Street will be closed at 10 pm for the safety of the riders.
- PACKET PICKUP for late registration and Earlybirds who have not picked up packets starts at 9 pm upstairs in the Garden of the Gods Visitor Center.
- YOUR SHIRTS AND PACKETS WILL BE HELD UNTIL 10 pm, then we will release them to new registrants. We may run out of shirts at the end, so be sure to come in between 9 and 10 for your best chance to get one. We cannot guarantee shirts or sizes for other than Earlybird registrants.
- CONTESTS: Contests will start at 10:00 pm outside, just north of the information booth and the projection screen. We will award prizes for the best illuminated bike. Our costume contests will start May 10, and be announced at the Roll Bike Art Festival June 9th at the Buffalo Lodge.
- SWAG AND FOOD: Look for our sponsor tents for giveaways and decorating bling. There will be coffee, soft drinks and pizza before the ride.
- NEED BIKE GEAR OR A QUICK FIX?: If you forget lights or a helmet, they are available for purchase from our sponsor bike shops. There will also be bike repair stands.
- RIDE START: The ride starts at 10:30 pm. There is a starting place for the long ride and another for the shorter ride. Volunteers will direct you.
- MORE QUESTIONS? Read our FAQs, or call us, 719-633-6884.