IMPORTANT INFO FOR TONIGHT:
IMPORTANT EVENT INFO:
- Festivities start at 9 pm with food, drink and music.
- On-site registration begins at 9 pm on the second floor of the Visitor Center.
- You will park in the Rock Ledge Ranch parking lot and ride your bikes up to the Garden of the Gods Visitor Center. Handicap parking is available at the Visitor Center.
- 30th Street will close at 10 pm so be sure and get there ahead of the closure.
- Packet pick up for pre-registered riders begins at 8:30 PM. PLEASE TAKE NOTE ON YOUR REGISTRATION EMAIL–ARE YOU EARLY BIRD OR SECOND WAVE? Only Early birds are guaranteed a tee shirt. We think we will have enough for everyone, but we may run out of sizes.
- The costume contest starts at 9:45 pm at the band tent. We have great prizes for best costume, best illuminated bike, and best group costume.
- Families with young children will start at 10:15 pm. The start for everyone else begins at 10:30 pm.
- There are no wristbands in your packets.
- This year we’ve included a “2018 Starlight Spectacular” race bib instead of wristbands, which should be affixed to your bike. You can use twist ties, zip ties, or whatever you have that works.
- Don’t forget front and rear lights, and helmets!
IMPORTANT ROUTE INFO!! There’s some road construction on the route!
- Short Route–Be careful along Garden of the Gods Road. Construction has narrowed the road to one lane between Centennial Blvd and Forge Rd. Riders take the entire lane for your safety!
- Long Route–Riders will have one lane on Colorado Ave between 32nd St and 34th St. Riders take the entire lane through the construction area.
24th Annual Starlight Spectacular
Saturday, June 16th, 2018
NEW EARLY START FOR FAMILIES WITH YOUNG CHILDREN! LINE UP IN FRONT, STARTS 10:15 PM.
OTHER RIDERS START AT 10:30 PM.
PLEASE BE SURE TO ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 10 PM–THE POLICE CLOSE 30TH ST AT 10 PM IN ADVANCE OF THE RIDE START.
Online registration ends Friday, June 15th. At the door prices: Adults $55, Children 6-15 $35. Families up to four $110.
Celebrate the Wild, Wild West!
Join the Trails and Open Space Coalition for the 24th Annual Starlight Spectacular on June 16th, 2018. This fun and family-friendly night-time bicycle ride is suitable for most ages and abilities. We’ve had kids as young as 8 and adults in their 80s ride with us! Get out your western wear and celebrate the Wild, Wild West!
Pre-ride fun and prizes!
Start the night at 9:00 PM with coffee from the Colorado Coffee Merchants and pre-ride root beer and pizza provided by Bristol Brewing Company and Marco’s Pizza. Ride through the City of Colorado Springs–all routes travel through downtown Colorado Springs and Old Colorado City; longer routes travel through the Garden of the Gods. Distances range from 16, 20, or 24 miles.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A ROUTE MAP. http://bit.ly/2018route
Rest stops sponsored by Colorado Springs Cycling Club, The Derby Dames, Buffalo Lodge Bike Resort and Old Town Bike Shop will provide snacks, fun, and rider support along the route. Upon return to the Visitor Center, enjoy a pancake breakfast provided the Pikes Peak Council Boy Scouts of America.
2 Cruiser bikes donated by Ted’s Bicycles will be awarded for the Best Extravagantly Illuminated Rider/Bike and Best Costume. The West One Trophy will be awarded to the Largest Team night of ride. The prize for Best Group Costume is a gift certificate to JP Fizzy’s!
All riders must wear helmets, and have front and rear lights on their bikes.
Last year's Starlight video.
What requirements are there to ride?
All riders must wear a helmet, and have front and rear lights on their bikes.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You do not need to bring a printed ticket to the event. Your name will be on a list at the event for you to pick up your packet. If you have already picked up your packet before the event, you will have a wrist band that we ask you to put on to identify you as a paid rider, which will also be your entry into the pancake breakfast after the event.
What is included in my registration?
Besides supporting the Trails and Open Space Coalition and their mission of preserving open space and parks, and creating a network of bikeways and greenways in our area, your entry includes: the festival before the ride, with free pizza, music, and prizes; your limited-edition Starlight 2016 tee shirt, swag bag with special offers from our partners, snacks at two rest stops on the route, and a midnight breakfast after the ride.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Parking for the event is in the Rock Ledge Ranch lot. You will be directed to turn west on Gateway Road, then left into the parking lot. Watch for parking attendants to give you directions on where to park. If you bike to the event, bike parking is available in the Garden of the Gods Visitor Center parking lot.
What can/can’t I bring to the event?
Alcohol is not permitted in the Garden of the Gods Visitor Center or the Rock Ledge Ranch parking lot.
What is the route?
The ride is entirely on City streets. Streets are not closed during the event, but there are volunteers throughout with directional signs, and police support at major street crossings for your safety. Please obey the rules of the road and be aware of other vehicles on the streets.
Am I allowed to bring my dog?
Well-behaved dogs are welcome to ride in trailers or baskets. We do not allow dogs to run beside bikes, both for the safety of the dogs and of the other riders.
What is your refund policy?
This is a charity event. TOSC is not able to process refunds for any reason.
Watch the promo for the 2015 ride--see what it's about!
- YOU MUST HAVE FRONT AND REAR LIGHTS AND A HELMET TO RIDE.
- PARKING: Car parking for the event is in the Rock Ledge Ranch parking lot. From 30th Street, you will be directed to turn west on Gateway Road and follow the signs and volunteers’ directions to get to parking. Plan on a 10-15 minute walk/bike to the Visitor Center from the parking lot.
- BE SURE TO ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 10 pm, as 30th Street will be closed at 10 pm for the safety of the riders.
- PACKET PICKUP for late registration and Earlybirds who have not picked up packets starts at 9 pm upstairs in the Garden of the Gods Visitor Center.
- YOUR SHIRTS AND PACKETS WILL BE HELD UNTIL 10 pm, then we will release them to new registrants. We may run out of shirts at the end, so be sure to come in between 9 and 10 for your best chance to get one. We cannot guarantee shirts or sizes for other than Earlybird registrants.
- CONTESTS: Contests will start at 10:00 pm outside, just north of the information booth and the projection screen. We will award prizes for the best illuminated bike. Our costume contests will start May 10, and be announced at the Roll Bike Art Festival June 9th at the Buffalo Lodge.
- SWAG AND FOOD: Look for our sponsor tents for giveaways and decorating bling. There will be coffee, soft drinks and pizza before the ride.
- NEED BIKE GEAR OR A QUICK FIX?: If you forget lights or a helmet, they are available for purchase from our sponsor bike shops. There will also be bike repair stands.
- RIDE START: The ride starts at 10:30 pm. There is a starting place for the long ride and another for the shorter ride. Volunteers will direct you.
- MORE QUESTIONS? Read our FAQs, or call us, 719-633-6884.