Monument Valley Park was a gift to the people of Colorado Springs from General Palmer. Shortly after the turn of the 20th century, two miles next to Monument Creek became a “park for the people” with elegant gardens, winding walks, bridged ponds, a tennis court, playgrounds and an arboretum displaying Colorado tree and shrub species and Palmer’s Colorado Wildflower Garden. In 1914, Spencer Penrose added the Monument Valley Municipal Swimming Pool. He and his wife Julie regularly strolled there on weekends. Today, Monument Valley Park is one of the community’s most utilized parks. Joggers, cyclists and commuters travel the trails while citizens have picnics, play tennis or pickle ball and play field sports.
Monument Valley Park