Calling All Artists
The Trails and Open Space Coalition (TOSC) is calling all Pikes Peak Region designers to enter to win the T-Shirt Design Contest for the 28th Starlight Spectacular!
The theme of the 2024 event contest is
“Creatures of the Night”
This event has become a tradition in the Colorado Springs area and we would love to showcase a local artist for our 2024 event.
Artwork Submission Guidelines
Deadline: November 30, 2023
- Digitally created artwork preferred.
- To include the following:
- The words: Starlight Spectacular 2024
- TOSC logo, TOSC acronym, or the words Trails and Open Space Coalition (must be legible, and does not need to be the center of attention to the design – but must be incorporated.) Logos may be downloaded here: https://www.trailsandopenspaces.org/trailsandopenspaces.org/Starlight-Call-for-Artists-2024
- Official TOSC Colors are: Orange – e56b2b , Green: 295242, and beige: e1d8c8 though the logos may be shifted to black or white if desired.
- Maximum size is 10” wide x 12” tall and/or 20 MB.
- Designs are limited to 6 colors or fewer
- Please limit fading, half-tones, or gradients for screen printing purposes
- The design must adhere to the theme of the 2024 event “Creatures of the Night” – could be nighttime wildlife, spooky themes, or anything you feel conveys “Creatures of the Night.”
- Designs may not include any portrayal of an obscene, offensive, trademarked, or illegal nature.
A $250 cash prize
Two (2) complimentary tickets to the Starlight Spectacular ($100 value)
Recognition on the TOSC website, our weekly eblast, and social media
Committee with choose the winner by December 15, 2023
Eligibility and Submission Guidelines:
- There is no entry fee to submit a design
- All entrants must be at least 18 years of age or have the consent of a parent or guardian.
- Only 2 (two) designs per person are allowed. Each entry must have its own submission form.
- Please submit low-res image for consideration with file size no larger than 5MB in PNG, JPG, or PDF format
- Name your files as: LastName-FirstName-DesignName
- The three finalists will be required to provide their design in a high resolution (vector-based) format of either ai, eps, or vector PDF
- The winning designer will be required to participate in marketing and design development
- Send this signed form and your artwork in the format above to email@example.com
Deadline to submit is Thursday, November 30, 2023 11:59 PM MST. All correctly prepared files must be submitted through the form linked below.
About the T-Shirt/Graphic
The winning design will be placed on the official 2024 Starlight Spectacular Commemorative T-Shirt and used in all marketing materials for the event.
How Winner is Selected:
Entries will be evaluated by TOSC’s internal panel of judges and will be reviewed for:
- Concept and originality of design
- Visibility from a reasonable distance
- Ability to appeal to a broad audience of Starlight Spectacular participants
- Successfully captures the energy of the Starlight Spectacular
- Totality of design and production readiness
November 1, 2023 Contest announced
November 30, 2023 Design submissions accepted – no late submissions will be accepted
Submitted designs that follow the contest guidelines will be reviewed by the review committee and narrowed down to three finalists. Starlight Committee and TOSC staff votes on top three finalists designs to select a winning t-shirt design
December 15, 2023 Winning design announced. Winner will be contacted via email and announced on social media accounts.