Every park needs friends! Here are the top 5 Reasons you should consider being a founding volunteer with either the Friends of the Pineries Open Space or the Friends of Rainbow Falls.
1) Friends Groups are great social groups! Everyone is passionate about taking care of our favorite wild places and helping agencies make our parks better.
2) Friends Group volunteers make a huge impact in our community. Where agency budgets are low and staff hours are spread thin, Friends Groups step up and fill the gaps using their time, skills, and wisdom.
3) Learn new skills! When you join a Friends Group’s leadership team, you will learn new leadership skills and have access to trainings that will help you learn how to lead others on trail projects, fundraising and more!
4) Leave a legacy! When you walk around many of our trails in the Pikes Peak region, you are walking on trails that Friends Groups help maintain or even build. When you volunteer with a Friends Group, you are leaving your mark with every project you help with.
5) There are roles for everyone and time commitments that work with your life. Volunteering with Friends Groups is not a life commitment. If you can be a board president for two years, that is fantastic! If you just want to help with logistics for several trail cleanups a year, there is a spot for you too.
If you are interested in helping the Friends of Rainbow Falls get off the ground in Manitou Springs, please email Theresa Odello with El Paso County Parks at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in being a founding volunteer with the Friends of the Pineries Open Space, please attend the information meeting on September 9th
at 6pm on Zoom. Click here to register!