WEDNESDAY MAY 20, 2020
Social Distance Restrictions and Memorial Day Weekend
Heading into Memorial Day Weekend, it is important to note that many social distancing restrictions are still in place for our parks. Nearly all the playgrounds and picnic facilities remain closed. Most sports courts are open to individual or household activities, but no group sports. When recreating in high traffic areas, maintaining 6 feet of physical distance and wearing a face covering is encouraged. Over the holiday weekend, our parks and trails will be extremely busy. When you encounter full parking lots or trails too crowded for safe physical distancing, consider returning at a different time or find an alternative place to visit. #GetOutSpeadOut
- North Cheyenne Canon Park and Gold Camp parking lot (Alternative: Cheyenne Mountain State Park)
- Red Rock Canyon Open Space (Alternative: Garden of the Gods Park)
- Palmer Park (Consider Union Meadows Open Space or University Park in Austin Bluffs Open Space)
- Black Forest Section 16 (Alternative:Black Forest Regional Park or Homestead Ranch Open Space)
- Paint Mines Regional Park (Alternative: Woodmen Valley Park; it has great rock formations)
- Blodgett Open Space North Lot (Alternative: Southern Blodgett parking lot, Woodmen Valley Park, or Smith Creek Natural Area)
PARK AND TRAIL UPDATES
Get Out spread out
Looking for a park or trail that has fewer people? TOSC is here to help, check out Get Out Spread Out. Help keep our community healthy, please wear a mask and follow physical distancing guidelines while recreating outdoors. We are all in this together.
We love spending time outside!
TOSC advocates for local parks and trails. Our members are proud to be stewards of the outdoors. Are you a part of the TOSC tribe?