- Beginning Wednesday, March 18th, the Palmer-Mesa Trail on Mesa Road, between the Fontmore Road and Fillmore Street intersection and Kissing Camels Drive will be closed to allow for 2C improvements along the trail. While the trail closure is in place, trail users will be routed to the sidewalk on the western side of Mesa Road, which will remain open through construction.
- Effective Monday March 16th, Cimino Drive, between Conejos Street and the U.S. Olympic Sport House, will be closed to allow for the construction of a new pedestrian bridge that will connect America the Beautiful Park to downtown Colorado Springs. While the street closure is in place, the Julie Penrose Fountain will not operate. In addition, special events have been relocated and the park’s pavilions are not available to rent during this time. The park, adjacent trail system and playground will remain open to the public, though parking will be extremely limited. Get more info.
- The City of Manitou Springs has closed the Incline.
Mayor Suthers has declared a state of emergency for Colorado Springs. Proactive efforts are underway to help protect residents in the Colorado Springs community from Coronavirus (COVID-19) by slowing the spread of infection during the pandemic. The City of Colorado Springs is suspending several programs and services offered by the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services department. This includes the following:
- City Auditorium, Community Centers, Sertich Ice Center, Patty Jewett and Valley Hi golf courses are all closed until further notice.
- All youth and adult recreation programs and activities are canceled.
- The Pioneers Museum is closed.
- Garden of the Gods Visitor and Nature Center, Bear Creek Nature Center, Fountain Creek Nature Center, and Starsmore Discovery Center are all closed.
- Pikes Peak remains open to online reservations only. Visitors will not be able to pay via credit card or cash at the gate.
- Park Headquarters, County Fairgrounds and park restrooms are closed.
- City Parks has cancelled/postponed all volunteer activities in city parks until further notice.
All City parks, trails and open spaces remain open. Visitors are highly encouraged to practice social distancing. For additional information on the City’s response visit coloradosprings.gov/covid19.
- All programs have been canceled at Cheyenne Mountain and Mueller State Parks, but the parks are open.
- National Parks are suspending entrance fees so people can ‘enjoy the outdoors’ despite the novel coronavirus outbreak. Rocky Mountain National Park is closed.
- Rainbow Falls Historic Site remains closed. Please check www.elpasocountyparks.com for updates.
- April 1: Trails, Open Space and Parks (TOPS) Working Committee – cancelled
- April 6: Downtown Historic Parks community meeting – postponed
- April 9: Parks Advisory Board Meeting – cancelled
- April 18: Earth Day at Garden of the Gods Park – cancelled
- April 26: Motorless Morning in Garden of the Gods Park – cancelled
- May 2: Great American Cleanup – anticipate cancellation
Gov. Jared Polis ordered all Colorado movie theaters, coffeehouses, breweries, spas, salons, gyms, ski resorts, restaurants and bar dining rooms closed through April 30. Visit supportthesprings.com/ to learn how you can help to support local businesses and help keep our community strong!