The Trails and Open Space Coalition is hiring for a full-time position:
Program & Event Coordinator Job Description
The Trails and Open Space Coalition believes our high quality of life is directly linked to our system of trails, parks and open space. We focus on connecting and completing trails, preserving open space and parks; and work closely with Friends Groups across the region to ensure public spaces have the necessary volunteer support.
We’re looking for someone who complements our committed team of nonprofit professionals. We do what we do because we believe trails, parks and open spaces are much more than recreational amenities. We believe they define our community and the people who call it home.
The Program & Event Coordinator works with the Executive Director and management team and is responsible for program development and coordination. The PC is responsible for overseeing our Stewardship program including Crew Leader Training and Friends Groups support. The PC also manages Community Outreach projects that involve stewardship, recreation and agreed-upon projects that align with TOSC’s mission and strategic goals. The PC is the Event Coordinator for Starlight Spectacular, ADT Marathon and all other TOSC sponsored events unless otherwise specified by the Executive Director.
- Core Program development and execution
- Friends Group Relations/Capacity Building
- Open Space Volunteers Program
- Community Stewardship Events and Activities
- Develop and maintain proper goals, outcomes and outputs for each program.
- Data collection, analysis and reporting for her/his responsible area.
- Manage volunteer recruitment for programs as needed.
- Varying levels of responsibility for organizational fundraising events:
- Waldo Waldo (or replacement event)
- Starlight Spectacular
- ADT Marathon
- Indy Give
- Staffing tables at community events; managing signups for communications.
- Recruit, supervise, coordinate and train volunteers as needed for events.
- Steward sponsor, partner, vendor and volunteer relationship.
- Serve on internal committees as needed.
- Submit monthly reports to staff for inclusion in board reports, grant reports and other.
- Occasional work at night or on weekends.
- Occasional work at special events.
- Commitment to our mission and passion for conservation of our outdoor spaces.
- Demonstrated commitment to our team values of excellence, cooperation, open communication, honesty, flexibility, loyalty, balance, trust and humor.
- Flexibility and adaptability, able to shift styles to fit the needs of a wide range of cultures, people and organizations.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Skilled at building teams and motivating teams.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and coordinating events.
- Love of continuous learning.
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Experience working with a non-profit organization.
- Some experience in program management and evaluation.
- Experience in volunteer management.
- Ability to multi-task and handle several projects simultaneously.
- Some knowledge of parks and trails challenges, or experience with a Friends Group locally.
- Organizational skills to coordinate various programs and events.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Budgeting experience
- College degree preferred
- Some graphic design experience helpful.
- Some knowledge of trail building; crew leader training would be a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply is Friday, August 24
No phone calls please.