Stage II burn restrictions are in effect for the Pike and San Isabel National Forest Pikes Peak Ranger District–as well as the South Park, South Platte, and Leadville Ranger Districts.
With this restrictions in place, the following are prohibited:
- Any open flame, including fire, campfire, stove fire, chargoal grill, barbeque, coal and wood burning stoves, and devices (stoves, grills, lanterns) using liquid fuels such as white gas or kerosene.
- Welding or operating a torch with open flame
- Operating a chainsaw (with restirctions)
- Explosives, including fireworks, rocks, tracer, incendiary ammunition
- Discharging a firearm, air rifle or gas gun
Some exceptions apply–see the order for details.